This document will walk you through integrating your site with the latest version of Google Maps by obtaining a Google Maps v3 API key and loading it into the back end of your site.
Skip ahead to
- Already have an established Google account for your website or company?
- Accessing the link to information about obtaining a Google v3 API key
- Loading the API key into Web Shop Manager
Already have an established Google Account for your website or company?
Most clients will already have an established Google Account which is typically the same account as your Google Analytics and Adwords. Obtain the login information for the desired Google Account before moving forward. If you do not have a Google Account for your website or company, you can create one here.
Accessing the link to information about obtaining a Google v3 API key
- Once you have the Google Account established and login ready, visit Google Get API Key
- Ensure you are logged into your desired Google Account when viewing the page
- Click on the GET A KEY button
- In the modal popup, either choose an existing project, or Create a new project
- Once you have chosen a project, click Enable API
- Once the API Key is generated, copy the key as you will be pasting this key into your site configuration.
Loading the API key into Web Shop Manager
Once you have followed the steps provided by Google and created your API Key, you will need to load it into the back end of your site.
- In Web Shop Manager, hover over System on the gray toolbar and click Configuration
- Under Configuration click the Integrations tab
- Click in the box next to Google API key and press Ctrl+V to paste the key into the box
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom right corner of the screen