Webshop Manager utilizes Authrize.net's Accept.js integration. This page will help you get the correct credentials from your Authorize.net account and add them to WSM.
Acquire your Public Client Key, Login ID and Transaction Key and Input into Webshop Manager (WSM)
- Public Client Key - This is a security key issued by Authorize.net. Before using Accept.js, you must generate a Public Client Key.
- Authorize.net Login ID - This is the login id generated within your account at Authorize.net.
- Authorize.net Transaction Key - This is the transaction key generated within your account at Authorize.net. It is recommended that you change this periodically.
To acquire this information complete the following:
Public Client Key:
Before using Accept.js, you must generate a Public Client Key. To generate the Client Key, log in to the Merchant Interface as an Administrator and navigate to Account > Settings > Security Settings > General Security Settings > Manage Public Client Key. If the Public Client Key does not yet exist, answer your security question to generate the key.
Login ID (also known as API Login ID):
- Log into your Authorize.net merchant account, https://account.authorize.net
- Click the "Account" link in the top navigation bar
- Under the Security Settings Click the "API Credentials & Keys" link
- There you will find your API Login ID
- Highlight and Copy the value for your API Login ID and paste it in a safe place. We will be adding that to the back end of your site.
- Log into your Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net
- Click Account from the main toolbar.
- Click Settings in the main left-side menu.
- Click API Credentials & Keys.
- Type in your Secret Answer.
- Select New Transaction Key
NOTE: When you issue a new transaction key, the old transaction key is void and will not work anymore.
- Click submit
- Copy that new transaction key and put it somewhere safe.
Adding your Authorize.net credentials to WSM:
- Log into WSM
- In the top navigation bar, hover over System and click Configuration
- Click the menu tab for Payment & Processing
- Click the check mark in front of Credit (Authorize.net) Accept
Make sure you select Credit (Authorize.net) Accept! The Credit (Authorize.net) option is a legacy integration that WILL NOT function with new accounts
- In Authorize.net, Highlight and Copy the value for your Public Client Key then paste it in the appropriate field in WSM
- In Authorize.net, Highlight and Copy the value for your API Login ID then paste it in the appropriate field in WSM
- In Authorize.net, Highlight and Copy the value for your Transaction Key then paste it in the appropriate field in WSM
- Scroll down to the bottom of the window and click the “Save Changes” button
You will also need to decide how you want to authorize/capture the funds. This is specified by how you check the boxes below the Transaction Key field. You have 3 options to choose from to capture funds during checkout and order processing.
- If you do not check either box, Authorize.net will authorize the amount in the checkout screen. You can change the amount before charging, but cannot exceed the authorized amount. You will then click capture funds in the order screen before changing it to complete. When you click Capture Funds your customer's card will be charged.
- If you click the checkbox for Authorize.net Capture Funds then it would charge the card upon checkout. You cannot adjust the amount charged in the order screen.
- If you click the checkbox for the $1 Authorization it will only verify the $1, and then you can adjust in the order screen for the charge amount to any amount prior to capturing funds and charging the customer’s card.