In this article, you will find steps on how to set up your FedEx credentials onto your website and activate address validation.
Access the shipping credentials from your FedEx account
You can use the FedEx website to acquire the Key/Meter information to use in Web Shop Manager (WSM). Please do the following to see if you are able to acquire the information you need. If not, you may need to call your representative.
- For the U.S. go to https://www.fedex.com/en-us/developer.html
- For Canada, go to: http://www.fedex.com/ca_english/businesstools/webservices/
- Log in with your FedEx username and password (If your current account information does not give you access you may have to complete the registration process for the developers section of their site.)
- Select FedEx Web Services
- Select Move to Production
- Select Get Product Key
- Select the following options:
- "No" in the Do you intend to resell your software section
- "FedEx Web Services for Shipping" in the type of FedEx web services you intend to use in your integration solution section
- “Corporate Developer” in the “Application Profile” section in the whether you are developing your FedEx integration solution as a Corporate Developer or as a Consultant section
This should give you the information we need to input on the Shipping & Handling configuration screen. Follow these instructions to add the information to WSM.
Add the credentials to your website
- Log into WSM.
- Highlight System.
- Click Configuration.
- Click Shipping & Handling tab.
- Click the checkbox to enable FedEx.
- Select the shipping options you want to offer.
- Add your account information and the Key/Meter numbers you received from FedEx.
- The password you enter is included in an email from FedEx. It is not the same password used to log into your FedEx account.
- Click Save.
Your last step is to ensure that address validation is turned on for your account. You will not receive shipping rates until this last step is completed.
Complete address validation
Add an item to your cart and proceed to checkout
Enter in an address and scroll down to the shipping area. If you do not see FedEx then proceed to the next step BUT keep the checkout open so you can validate it while you are on the phone with them.
Call FedEx 1 (877) 339 2774
State Web Services at the Prompt
Once you are in contact with a FedEx Web Service Representative:
Inform them that you want to enable address validation only (no shipping label validation) for your account
You will need: account number, meter number, company name, company address, company phone number.
Ask for a reference number. Save the ref # as FedEx has a tendency to be late in doing these small requests.
The change should be completed while you are on the phone.
Once they tell you it is active, on your checkout screen click in the Zipcode field and then scroll back down to the shipping area of the checkout. The Shipping estimator should run and you should see FedEx rates. If not, let them know you are not getting rates yet so they can review the request on their end