Facebook Pixel is a piece of code that allows you to measure and track successful conversions made by the user. It can be a valuable analytics tool to measure how effective your advertising or call to actions are.
Skip ahead to
- How does it work?
- How do I create a Facebook Pixel
- What Facebook Pixel features are implemented in Web Shop Manager?
- Where can I get more information about Facebook Pixel?
- How can I get Facebook Pixel installed on my Web Shop Manager site?
How does it work?
When someone visits your website and takes an action (for example, buying something), the Facebook pixel is triggered and reports this action. This way, you'll know when a customer took an action after seeing your Facebook ad. You'll also be able to reach this customer again by using a custom audience. When more and more conversions happen on your website, Facebook gets better at delivering your ads to people who are more likely to take certain actions. This is called conversion optimization.
How do I create a Facebook Pixel?
First you will need to navigate to the Facebook Events Manager page. URL: facebook.com/events_manager and if you are not logged in, you will be prompted to do so.
- Once logged in you will be brought to a landing page. On the “Data Sources” page (The tab can be seen at the top by your name) there is a section for Facebook Pixel. Click the Get Started Button within this section.
- A pop up window will appear, asking for your Pixel’s name. Create a name then push the button create.
- You will be notified that the creation was successful, and taken to a new page to finish setting it up.
- Facebook gives you three options on how to integrate the code into your website. You can use an integration or tag manager(such as google), manually install the code yourself, or email the instructions to a developer.
- Note: WSM has integrated Facebook Pixel into our platform, so no code is needed unless you have custom events/actions that you would like to implement.
- Once the preferred method is chosen and initial installation is complete, it can take up to 20 minutes before you start seeing activity from your Pixel. If is taking longer, then it may not be installed correctly. You can go to the help page, and or can install the Google Chrome extension, “Pixel Helper” to help narrow down the issue.
What Facebook Pixel features are implemented in Web Shop Manager?
It means that we can add Facebook Pixel to your website and you will receive data on 8 different events or actions (aka successful conversions) made by your users. Unfortunately, add payment info is not tracked by WSM.
- View Content -Track key page views
- Search -Track searches on your website
- Add To Cart - Track when items are added to a shopping cart
- Add To Wishlist -Track when items are added to a wishlist
- Initiate Checkout -Track when people enter the checkout flow
- Make Purchase -Track purchases or checkout flow completions
- Lead - Track when someone expresses interest in your offering
- Complete Registration -Track when a registration form is complete
Where can I get more information about Facebook Pixel?
Visit Facebook Pixel's official website:
How can I get Facebook Pixel installed on my Web Shop Manager site?
After your Facebook Pixel has been created, you will need to create a Service Desk Ticket request, so Facebook Pixel can be enabled for your website, and the code installed using best practices by the WSM team. Or if you want to install the code yourself you can use this document for assistance, Add Facebook Pixel to your WSM Site. However, WSM will need to enable a feature to allow the Pixel to be added to the Configuration.
- Create A Service Desk Ticket - https://wdsolutions.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1
- Make sure to name the Issue/Summary of the ticket correctly, for example.
- Example: Domainname.com - Add Facebook Pixel To Website
- In the detailed description section, make sure to include your Pixel ID.
- Once all the fields of the form have been filled out, create the ticket, and our Client Experience team will handle the rest.
Please reach out to Web Shop Manager personnel if you need help or have any questions:
Phone: (619) 278-0871
Adding Facebook Pixel to your WSM Site
Once WSM has enabled the Facebook Pixel for you, you can use the following to complete the setup or get a time and materials estimate for WSM to do it for you.
- Follow the directions to set up your Facebook Pixel if not done already, Facebook Pixel Feature Notes
Log into your site
Go to System->Configuration->Integrations, paste the Pixel ID into the appropriate text box
Then head to the CMS Templates page (Content->Templates) and the template containing your </head> code.
Add right before the line that reads </head>.
- At this point, you can go to all the pages that trigger the events we're tracking. Those 8 events are detailed [here.|https://www.facebook.com/business/help/402791146561655] There are 9 events listed, but we are not tracking Add Payment Info, since it's not collected in our system until a transaction is actually submitted.
- If you are interested in a Facebook Product data feed, contact Support by creating a ticket, http://wsmuniversity.com/ticket.