The purpose of this article is to help you identify and exclude any part types from the SDC brands you have selected to move forward with.
Why Do I Need to Do This?
The reason we request that you do this is because many clients do not wish to sell certain products such as "Point of Purchase Displays" or small parts like "Exhaust Clamps" & "Fittings" that their customers will most likely not purchase online. This gives you the opportunity to remove those before they are ever loaded onto the site resulting in less work hiding and deleting these products later once the site is live.
- Open Part Type Exclusions Google Doc (Once document is shared with you, there will be an email with a link to the exclusions file sent to your email)
- Review the Part Types in Column B.
- If you wish to exclude a part type select the down arrow on the right hand side of the cell that says keep. This will bring up a drop down were you can select the "Remove" option. You will only need to click this if you wish to exclude a part type. "Keep" is the default selection.
- Review Column C because that will show were the products assigned to that part type will be categorized in the Part type category tree.
- Repeat the process for all rows until completed. This process generally takes about an hour of time depending on number of brands selected and the number of part types a brand has.