There are a variety of payment options that can be made available to your customers and are supported by Web Shop Manager (WSM).
Last Updated by 12-May-2021
Offering different payment options is important because it ensures that you will never run into an occurrence where someone wants to buy something from your site, but does not have what is required from a specific payment option.
Skip ahead to
Offering different payment options is important because it ensures that you will never run into an occurrence where someone wants to buy something from your site, but does not have what is required from a specific payment option. There are several available payment options in the back end of WSM:
- Affirm is a payment financing option that allows, approved, purchases to be paid through fixed monthly payments.
- Credit(Authorize.net): Authorize.Net is a payment gateway service provider allowing merchants to accept credit card and electronic checks payments through their Web site and over an IP (Internet Protocol) connection. Authorize.Net claims a user base of over 305,000 merchants, which would make them the Internet's largest payment gateway service provider
- Credit(Sage): Sage is very similar to Authorize.net but in addition to being a payment gateway, it also offers merchant solutions.
- Credit(PayPal Pro): PayPal is a global e-commerce business allowing payments and money transfers to be made through the Internet. PayPal Pro is a credit card processor on the front end of your website. THe customer will enter in their credit card, and a PayPal account is not required for this process.
- PayPal Express: Direct Payment API offers you direct credit card payment processing capability through PayPal. For credit card transactions, customers stay on your website as PayPal processes the payment in the background.
Steps to complete the following to access this tab in Web Shop Manager.
- Log into Web Shop Manager
- Hover over System
- Click on Configuration
- Click on the Payment & Processing tab
Form Fields Defined
Below is a list of each field in the Payment & Processing tab.
|Payment & Processing|
|*Payment Options||If you have an eCommerce Website you will need to select Payment methods your store will support. Only one method needs to be selected, but you can select mutiple methods if you would like.|
When the Enabled checkbox is selected this payment method is active as long as the required additional information is provided. Authorize.net is a Payment Gateway that connects WSM to your Merchant Services Provider. You only need one payment gateway, Authorize.net, Sage or PayPal Pro.
*Authorize.net Login ID: This field offers a place to enter the Authorize.net API Login ID which can be found within the the "Account" section of your Authorize.net account.
When the Enabled checkbox is selected this payment method is active as long as the required additional information is provided. Sage Payment Solutions is a Payment Gateway and a Merchant Services Provider. You only need one payment gateway, Authorize.net (see above) or Sage. If you do not have an Sage Payment Account account please contact them.
* Sage Merchant ID: This field offers a place to enter the Sage Merchant ID which can be found within your Sage Account.
|Credit (PayPal Pro)||
When the Enabled checkbox is selected this payment method is active as long as the required additional information is provided. PayPal Pro Payment Solutions is a Payment Gateway and a Merchant Services Provider. You only need one payment gateway, Authorize.net (see above) or Sage. If you would like to look into PayPal Pro you can contact our PayPal representative.
His name is Adam Athmann, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org / call 480-496-3282. Tell him you are a Web Shop Manager client and he will help you get the best rate.
To add your PayPal credentials into the back end of the site, you must Add a secondary user to the Payflow Manager in your PayPal account.
Click here to * PayFlow Pro® Vendor: This field offers a place to enter the vendor information used to connect to PayPal
When enabled, customers can pay with PayPal or credit and debit cards. At checkout, when a user clicks on the PayPal Express payment button they are are redirected to the PayPal window to log in. The buyer can then select a shipping address, payment method, and approve the transaction. PayPal then returns the customer to your WSM website to review and finalize the order. PayPal Express eChecks are not supported.
* Paypal Express Currency - This will set the currency of your paypal orders. Note, it will not do currency conversions.
* PayPal® API Username - Enter your PayPal API username. This can be found by logging into your PayPal account.
* PayPal® API Password - Enter your PayPal API password.
* PayPal® Signature - Enter your PayPal Signature code. This can be found by logging into your PayPal account.
When the Enabled checkbox is selected this payment method is active. It is common for sites that that only specialize in custom order products, made to order products, or services rendered at a different date accept checks.
Check Instructions: This field offers a place to enter any special instructions to customers who checkout using Check. This message will appear after the order is completed and is commonly used to give mailing instructions for the check. If you do not fill out this field the default message is "For payment of your order, please make your check payable and send to:" and then the address from your Site Information tab will be displayed.
When the Enabled checkbox is selected this payment method is active. The payment option will provide your customers the ability to checkout without paying. You would then invoice the customer to receive payment prior to shipping or based on your current business model.
Invoice Information: Enter any special instructions to customers who checkout using Invoice. If you do not fill out this field the default message is "For payment of your order, an invoice will be sent to your billing address."
Restrict to Invoice Only Customers: When checked the Invoice option will ONLY be available to customers where you've specific Invoice Only=Yes.
|*Credit Card Types||When the specific Credit Card Enabled checkboxes are selected the types selected will be active on your site. This section is only applicable if you have selected a CC payment option above (Authorize.net or Sage).|
|*Sales Tax States||When the specific State Enabled checkboxes are selected the states selected will be actively charging sales tax to customers with shipping addresses within those states. It is very common for eCommerce sites with only one physical location to only charge sales tax within their own state. On the contrary, if you have physical locations in multiple states, you may need to charge sales tax in all of the states. Please contact a tax or accounting professional for advice on this matter.|
|*Sales Tax||This field offers a place to override the amount of sales tax charged for items within your store if you only charge sales tax in one state. By default, the system will charge the base sales tax for the state you selected.|
Each time you edit the information on your Site's Configuration, it is important that you click the Save Changes button before navigation to another menu option in Web Shop Manager. Note: you can be on any tab on the System's Configuration screen when you click Save Changes and it will save the changes on all tabs.
Entering your payment credentials is a crucial element to ensuring the success of your business. Once completed, you can focus on more important things like getting orders shipped and providing an excellent customer experience.